Join AAA’s first ever archery league! Archers ages 8 and older can participate. Fall League will run for 11 Sundays from 10:30-12/12:30, February 10 – May 12 (not meeting on March 10 or April 21). We will have a playoff, a league dinner, and awards on the last night. The goal of the Archery League is to have fun, compete on a team, meet other archers, and get more practice scoring rounds in competition.
During the League, members compete on teams against other teams. Teams are assigned based on average scores of individual archers to give all teams equal opportunity at winning the league. Teams are handicapped so when teams face each other, the team with a lower average receives extra points to their scoring round in order to compete across bow disciplines and shooting expertise. The League is shooting 18 meters on 40 cm World Archery (FITA) face. We will shoot under a timer for 2 minutes per end for 10 ends, 3 arrows per end.
League is on Sunday mornings with practice rounds at 10:30am and competition starting at 11:00am. The League will run for 11 weeks. The first two weeks we shoot for average and to establish teams. Weeks 3 – 6, we shoot the 1st half. Weeks 7 – 10, we shoot the 2nd half. In week 11, the winners of the 1st half shoot-off against the winners of the 2nd half. Everyone shoots during the finals no matter what your place is. That afternoon a lunch is provided for all league participants and prizes awarded for the league. Winners receive AAA retail credits.
Fee for 11 week League is: Non Monthly Members, $135. Members: $25 (you can purchase your membership at the same time as your League Enrollment).
Basic League Rules:
- The League allows any kind of bow: Olympic Recurve, FITA Compound, Longbow, Traditional Recurve, Hunting Compound, or FITA Barebow. Bow draw weights of 60 lbs or less, no cross bows
- If you miss a day, you must shoot some time before the next week with 30 arrow score and put your scorecard in league folder.
- Archers who miss a Sunday because they were competing in a USA Archery sanctioned 18 meter, indoor tournament may choose to either make up the day or apply the average of their two tournament rounds to their League scores.
- League handicaps will be re-calculated for round two (after week 6)
- Double scoring with league commissioner to judge differences.
League takes place at the 18 meter distance, indoors, shooting on 40cm target faces for adults and 60cm faces for youth and teens. Though it is not a requirement, we recommend that you be confident you can consistently hit this size target face from a distance of 18 meters prior to enrolling in League.
Contact Coach Kyle for more information.